Online dating is something most people nowadays have heard of – unless they’ve been living under a rock – and it’s something that has recently been on the rise. More and more you hear about people who meet online or hear of dating apps that are easily accessible through phones. But is all this online dating good? Is this something we want for our future generations? Those are questions many people have probably asked and the answer to all of these is: yes, online dating is good and it is something that is a good thing for generations to come.
1) Consider this. Without online dating, how many people are out there that would never venture out or hardly meet new people otherwise? With online dating, it allows people to meet all kinds of other people that they never would have otherwise. With apps and online messaging, you can instantly communicate with someone around the world. You can meet people in other countries from different cultures and it just gives people more opportunities than ever before.
2) People of today are busier than ever before. We work constantly to earn money and sometimes people barely have any times for themselves. Online dating and dating apps now give people a chance to fit dating into their every day schedules. They don’t have to worry about trying to fit it all in.
3) Some people are shy in person but online dating gives them courage to be open and speak to other people – or message, in this case. This gives everyone an equal chance of approaching someone they’re potentially interested in that they would never approach offline.
4) Online dating or speaking to people online may seem dangerous at first, because of what we’ve learned of online dangers. But the main fact is that dating sites and apps go out of their way to make sure that their app or site is completely and totally safe for all parties involved. This way, you can join that next dating site or app and feel safe and secure that what you’re on is legit and feel more safe when you talk to others.
5) You can choose what to share online. This may seem like a bad thing but some people have issues when it comes to opening up to people. Online, you control what goes on your profile and it allows you to move at a slower pace – if that’s what you want – and gives you control over how much you reveal and show to other people. You can slowly open up to people you chat with in your own timing and that, in turn, can help you feel more comfortable dating online, than if you were offline.
Online dating has a lot of stereotypes around it and can seem a bit daunting at first. If you give it a chance, it could be the very thing that leads you to your soulmate. In this day and age of technology, online dating is on the rise and it will continue to be as technology advances. It’s quick and easy and even fun, if you give it the chance it deserves.